In many ways, pregnancy feels like an endless affair. But before you know it, you’ve reserved your spot at Bright Start Louisville, had your baby, and are just weeks away from returning to work.
The first few weeks home from the hospital are all about survival, but the next few weeks are all about preparing to return to work and preparing your baby for daycare.
Some parents are eager to return to work, while others have a hard time. There’s no right or wrong way to feel about returning to work, but you and your baby will feel comfortable and confident if you devote time to preparing for the big day.
All babies are different. Some may be upset by a change in their routine, while others are as chill as can be. Some ways to help a baby transition include:
- Consistency with baby’s food – Don’t send formula to daycare if your baby is breastfed, and don’t send a different formula brand if your baby drinks formula. Work on any milk changes at home so the baby doesn’t feel deprived.
- Consistency with soothers – Babies are very intuitive and can be soothed by familiar items or smells. Sending a familiar blanket, pacifier, or snuggie–especially if they carry your scent–can be very soothing to your baby.
It’s understandable to be nervous about your infant’s first day at daycare. Here are some ways to calm your nerves and prepare for the transition.
- Plan a few days where a partner or friend watches the baby while you get out.
- Talk with our nursery workers. Share your routine and what your baby likes and dislikes.
- Remember that sadness won’t last forever. Transitions are hard, but there is stability and joy on the other side of transition.
Our nursery teachers will help you feel comfortable leaving your child and provide the best care while you are away.
Bright Start Louisville offers exceptional childcare to children six weeks to 12 years old. We’re proud to offer a fun and educational preschool program that prepares your child for kindergarten per state educational standards.
If you’re looking for excellent childcare that gives your child a head start in life, contact Bright Start Louisville today!